Welcome to our Family

Our family would like to welcome you to our blog. Here you will encounter our adventures, big and small. We hope that we can offer some ideas and inspirations for your family.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The End of the School year, BEGINNING of the Best Summer EVER

 Last day of school for the boys.  They spent one final day with their teachers and friends today.  It was bitter sweet.  We love school, but at the same time we enjoy spending lots of time together in the summer doing lots of special activities. No matter what, we will dearly miss our friends, especially Max, as some of his friends will scatter off to other schools next year. 

Max is the cute one in the middle holding his collar looking at the camera. I am very aware that our camera takes poor quality pictures when zoomed it.  It's almost time to invest in a new one.


 Today was a very exciting fun day.  For the first time I felt like a more "experienced" parent.  I had a child wearing a cap and gown graduating from Pre-K 4.  He was so handsome!  I am so proud of everything he has accomplished and grown to be in his first 4 1/2 years of his life.  I know it sounds like I've got a kid graduating from high school or college.  He might as well be as fast as he's growing up!  I realize I'm being a little over dramatic, but he's my baby!  If I feel this way and he still has one more year of Pre-K (next year he'll graduate with honors from the Pre-K 5 class) I don't know how I'll feel about it next year with it being his final year at this school.  Just glad to postpone it and be able to send him to St. Michael Academy for one more year.  He goes to an amazing school, and I can not brag enough about it.  Everyone there is so caring and patient with the students, and the other families who have children attending are awesome too.  We have created a lot of great friendships over the past 4 years of school.  It's even more special because this year Max and Nico's best friends are brothers of their same ages.  It has been a blessing to be a part of such a wonderful school family.
Alright everyone, see how his pants are NOT tucked into his boots?  Well that is how he left home.  By the time he made it to stage he had his pants tucked into his boots.  I failed to get a picture of it myself, because being the awesome parent that I am, my memory ended up being full on my camera.  Thank goodness the queen of picture taking was there (Mom) and I could get them from her. Last night after the program I was telling anyone and everyone who would hear it, that I did NOT dress my child with his pants tucked into his boots....Okay so half of graduation only one was tucked in, the other was out...YIKES!  But when they exited the stage and came back, both were in.  I thought he looked like a jockey.  My dad thought he looked like he was getting ready for high waters...whatever one might think, the truth is, Max admitted that he just wanted to be like Woody.  Precious boy. 

See boots...and yes those are butterfly wings on his head.
Overall it was the best last day of school we've had yet.  We are so thankful that Max, Nico, and Belle's Mema and Pops could come down for his special day, and their "Aunt" Ashlie was there too.  Thanks guys!  We appreciate your presence so much!  It means a lot to us!  Thanks to all of Max and Nico's teachers, St. Michael Academy director, and all of the staff for making their school experience the best possible.  We love you all!
I think the whole family's favorite parts of the day were enjoying the last day activities, Max's graduation ceremony, and spending it with people we love.
Bloopers:
Well, you've seen it...it's the pants in the boots as far as I'm concerned..


No comments:

Post a Comment