Welcome to our Family

Our family would like to welcome you to our blog. Here you will encounter our adventures, big and small. We hope that we can offer some ideas and inspirations for your family.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Super Exciting Day O' Fun





Busy day around the Castañeda house today!  We (boys included) have been working on 10 days worth of stacked up laundry.  Oh the good times.  At least the little guys asked me if they can help, and it's actually helpful!  All before lunch today we not only got the laundry going, but played remote control cars, dress up, dance party (a personal favorite of mine, and yes I dance with them), made a Happy Birthday video for our BFF, Ashlie, put together a puzzle, and played with our "craft box". 

Our craft box is just a clear storage tote that I let the boys decorate with stickers.  Most of the stickers are the square "Cars" stickers that they get at their visits to the doctor's office.  We've got lots of "Toy Story" stickers on there too.  Anyway, this box if filled FULL of craft supplies, coloring books, markers (of all kinds, even with "wacky tips"), a billion crayons, construction paper, water colors, finger paints, stickers, stamps, etc.  At least once a day Nico will come up to me and say, "I want to play with the craft box, okay?!"  His favorite is stickers and markers while Max's favorite is working on maze puzzles, word searches, color by numbers, and hidden picture puzzles.  We LOVE the craft box.  I just wish I could keep it a little more organized so that they can more easily find what they need without pulling everything out of it and creating a disastrous mess.  Ah well, it goes with the territory!        

This afternoon after spending almost 2 hours trying to get a fussy baby girl to nap, she finally fell asleep and I got the boys to spend a little bit of "quiet time" watching The Muppets.  It's a great movie if you have yet to see it.  If you enjoyed them as a kid, definitely check it out.  I was pleasantly surprised that they enjoyed it.  Perhaps it was because any time we saw a preview on the Disney Channel I would tell them how much I wanted to see it because I had loved them so much as a kid.  By the time we took them to the theater to watch it, they were excited about it!
       
Then it got really exciting around here.  We built another bed fort and then we got the Wii going and played Just Dance 2.  The boys would tell me which songs they wanted me to dance to.  Nico prefers to watch, Max likes to join in for a few songs...then he always says, when I try to encourage him to do just one more dance with me, "I'm just sooo tiiiired!"  He'll flop himself on the couch and just stare at me while I do a few more (per Nico's persistent requests).  I got an awesome video of him dancing to "Proud Mary".  Priceless!  But the best part of the afternoon (my favorite part of the day) was when a neighbor who had locked herself out of her house came by for help.  My almost 5 year old was such a hero!  He took off his Luigi costume and went right next door, crawled through the doggie door and unlocked it for her.  He didn't think anything of it, did it, and walked right back home like it was nothing at all.  He's so cute.  Then Nico said, "I can do it next time." and he ran to catch up with his brother.  Oh my goodness, I love being a Mom!!!!!!

Belle LOVES Abuelita.  The doll sings sweet lullabies to Belle in Spanish.
 

2 comments:

  1. So precious! Seriously, Jen and Fer--you both are such great parents. When the little ones become big ones, they'll treasure and love all these special memories. Xo

    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your sweet comment, Danielle. It means a lot to us!

    ReplyDelete